Help Save the Afterprom



Botetourt Co. Fire-EMS photo

Botetourt Co. Fire-EMS photo

From Botetourt County Fire & EMS: On Tuesday, December 8, 2015, around 11:30 a.m., units from throughout Botetourt County were dispatched to the 200 block of Main Street in Glen Wilton for the report of a structure fire with smoke coming from the eaves. Upon the arrival of units from Glen Wilton, heavy fire conditions were noted to the second story of the home. One person was at home at the time of the fire, and fortunately, no one was injured.  Crews from Glen Wilton, Iron Gate, Eagle Rock, Clifton Forge, Fincastle, and Botetourt Fire & EMS worked until around 2:00 p.m. suppressing the fire. Approximately 20 personnel responded to assist in containing the blaze. The structure sustained significant damage, estimated at $25,000 or greater. Two residents were displaced, and the American Red Cross is providing assistance. The origin of the fire appeared to be a wood heating stove