“Oreo Cookie Toss” Official Promotion Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW IT WORKS: Fifteen (15) individuals will randomly be selected to participate by Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men will each be permitted one attempt to toss an Oreo cookie into a glass of milk for the chance to win one $5,000.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each) are not eligible. Limit one attempt per Contestant.
- HOW TO PLAY:
On November 20, 2017 Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men in Blacksburg will randomly select a maximum of 15 entries from all entries received, and those individuals selected will be the Contestants eligible to play the game herein described. The Contestant(s) is permitted only one (1) attempt to successfully toss a cookie of the same size, shape and weight as an OREO cookie (“Cookie”) into a bowl of milk (“Bowl”). The outside diameter of the lip of the Bowl must not exceed four inches (4”). The Cookie must not be iced or covered in chocolate. The Cookie must be whole when it is tossed. The Contestant must not crumble, split or in any other way change the size, shape or weight of the Cookie. The Cookie must not come in contact with any object other than the Bowl. The toss must be made from behind a demarcation line (“Demarcation Line”) located a distance from the Bowl of no less than thirty feet (30’). No part of the Contestant’s body or clothing may come in contact with or cross the Demarcation Line prior to the Contestant releasing the Cookie. h. In the event (i) the entire Cookie lands in and remains in the Bowl, after entering the Bowl on the fly, and prior to coming in contact with any object or person (other than the Bowl itself), and (ii) there is compliance with the terms and conditions of this Contract, then SCA will pay to Sponsor the prize amount as specified in the Schedule of Available Prizes below, subject to the Maximum Aggregate Liability and verification by SCA. IF ONLY A PORTION OF THE COOKIE LANDS IN AND REMAINS IN THE BOWL, THE TOSS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A SUCCESSFUL TOSS AND NO PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
If a Contestant successfully tosses the Oreo into the glass of milk in accordance with these rules and as recorded by Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men, then that Contestant is the potential winner of the Grand Prize of $5,000 subject to verification of eligibility, prize availability and other limitations set forth herein. Any potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the promotion rules prior to receipt of any prize. In the event that Sponsor is unable to verify the eligibility of a potential winner, or in the event a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. A CONTESTANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SAID CONTESTANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WIN HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND SAID CONTESTANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND ANY DOCUMENTATION NECESSARY FOR VERIFICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO SPONSOR OR SPONSOR’S DESIGNEE FOR VERIFICATION. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER EVIDENCE OF A WIN IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize will be permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest. The winner of a prize, if any, (or parent or legal guardian, if winner is a minor) must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within five business days following the date of the verified win. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of a prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Return of any prize as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture and no alternate winner will be selected. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- PRIZEs AND ODDS: Only one (1) Grand Prize consisting of $5,000 is available to be won. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:15 Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a check from Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men. All taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- INDEMNIFICATION. By participating, participants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any claims made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this contest as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any contest-related activity or participation in this contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the promotion that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the promotion, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this promotion. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes, which corrupt, disrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any and all aspects of the contest. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to award any prizes in the event of any of the foregoing. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the any portion of the promotion. Caution: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: Each participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Virginia or the Commonwealth of Virginia Court located in Richmond, VA]; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of [State], without regard to conflicts of law rules.
- WINNER’S LIST: For a complete list of winners, if any, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Contest Name” Winners List, 3921 Rochester Road, Troy MI 48083. Requests must be received by December 20, 2017.
11. SPONSOR: Lady Jane’s Haircuts for Men 3921 Rochester Rd, Troy, MI 4