Help Save After Prom



UPDATE News Release: Roanoke County Fire & Rescue units responded to an explosion Friday morning at 6:30 at a restaurant in the 6400 block of Williamson Road. Approximately 12 employees, customers and a delivery person were inside but not in the area of the explosion. Everyone made it out safely and there were no injuries. Preliminary findings show the cause to be a natural gas leak in the mechanical room which then was ignited by an ignition source. The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office has determined the estimated damage to be $250,000.00. The investigation is ongoing. It is unknown when the restaurant might reopen due to the extent of the damage. Units from Hollins, Cave Spring and Roanoke City responded.
PREVIOUS: Roanoke County officials say units are responding to a fire at Famous Anthony’s on Williamson Road, that’s in the 64-Hundred block. Motorists are asked to avoid the area at this time. We’ll have more details as they become available.