A bank robbery in Roanoke County led police to order lockdowns at several schools in the Cave Spring area, but police tell us the lockdown has been lifted. Assistant Chief Mike Warner tells WFIR News police believe the robber has left the area around the bank, and there is no longer reason to believe anyone is in potential danger.
The robbery occurred at the Union First Market branch on Electric Road. Roanoke County school officials say the following were on precautionary lockdowns:
- Cave Spring Elementary School
- Cave Spring Middle School
- Cave Spring High School
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Hidden Valley Middle School
- Hidden Valley High School
- Oak Grove Elementary School
- Penn Forest Elementary School
North Cross School is closest to the bank and it, too, was under a lockdown.