Here’s how you can help:
- José Andrés, the beloved D.C. chef famous for feeding people in need around the world, is already in Europe with his World Central Kitchen team helping provide “thousands of meals in Poland, Romania and even inside Ukraine,” he wrote on Twitter. Anyone who wishes to donate to the efforts can go here.
- Razom for Ukraine was founded in 2014 and has since launched efforts to build a stronger democracy in the country. Now, according to its website, the nonprofit is “focused on purchasing medical supplies for critical situations like blood loss and other tactical medicine items. We have a large procurement team of volunteers that tracks down and purchases supplies and a logistics team that then gets them to Ukraine.” Razom — which means “together” in Ukrainian — posted a list of the lifesaving supplies it has already purchased and is asking for more support here.
- Click on the website for Care, the international humanitarian juggernaut, and a pop-up window appears. “UKRAINE EMERGENCY,” the alert says, with a photo of a woman holding a child. “Families in Ukraine are fleeing violence and urgently need emergency aid. CARE is providing food, water, and more,” the homepage says. The group has partnered with People in Need and hopes to build a fund that can reach 4 million people, especially women, girls, and the elderly. Donations for Care can be made here.
- Save the Children, founded more than a century ago, is blunt about the grueling nature of its work: “We work in the hardest-to-reach places, where it’s toughest to be a child,” its homepage says. The organization says it is “gravely concerned” for the children of Ukraine and Afghanistan. Its donation page says that $50 can prevent three children from going hungry for a month, $150 can provide warm blankets for 30 children, and $300 can furnish masks to refugee health workers on the front lines.
- Mercy Corps: Crisis in Ukraine — https://www.mercycorps.org/donate/crisis-ukraine-give-nowMercy Corps is on the ground in Ukraine, Romania, and Poland, providing funding to local organizations that know their community needs best and working to meet urgent humanitarian needs. We also plan to provide emergency cash assistance and connect people on the move with information, such as where to access basic services, information on safe routes, and their legal rights.
International Rescue Committee – Crisis in Ukraine – https://help.rescue.org/
Over 1.7 million refugees have been forced to flee Ukraine. The IRC is on the ground in Poland supporting displaced children and families with vital supplies. Your gift will help us provide food, medical care, and emergency support services to refugee families in countries like Ukraine, Afghanistan, Syria, and Yemen. Please give what you can today.
Heart to Heart International — https://www.hearttoheart.org/
Donate today to help us deliver medicine, medical supplies, and humanitarian aid to support people affected by the Ukraine crisis. Heart to Heart International has a 30-year history of distributing medical and humanitarian aid to medically under-resourced communities and in disaster zones through our network of over 250 nonprofit partner organizations. Your gift today will help those in crisis around the world.
Americares Rush Emergency Support for Ukraine — americares.org/ukraine
Ukraine Crisis Fund
Rush an urgent gift right now to help us deliver medicine, medical supplies and emergency funding to support families and people affected by the Ukraine crisis. Americares has more than 40 years of experience responding to emergencies, including conflicts that lead to large-scale displacements. We respond to more than 30 natural disasters and humanitarian crises worldwide each year, establish long-term recovery projects and bring disaster-preparedness programs to communities vulnerable to disasters.