NEWS RELEASE: On Tuesday, February 22, at 4:21 a.m., Roanoke Fire-EMS was dispatched to the 2000 block of Memorial Ave SW for a report of a fire coming from an electrical outlet. Units arrived to find smoke showing from the outside of a two-story duplex. Upon search, a fire was found in a first floor bathroom. The fire was marked under control within 20 minutes of dispatch. One occupant was displaced, and damages to the residence are estimated at $20,000. The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature and was accidental.