Roanoke Fire/EMS photo

Fire officials say overloaded electrical equipment is the cause of a Tuesday night house fire in southeast Roanoke. Firefighters arrived last night around 10 pm to the home on the 1500 block of 8th Street. Three children and two adults are now receiving assistance from Red Cross. The children were hospitalized for observation are expected to be okay. One firefighter has been taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

From Roanoke Fire/EMS: Crews responded to a house fire in the 1500 block of 8th St., SE. around 9:50pm. 5 people are displaced-2 adults, 3 children. The 3 children are being transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for observation. They are expected to be ok. 1 firefighter was transported to the hospital with a non-life threatening injury. American Red Cross is helping the family.  Cause  was overloaded electrical equipment. Damage estimates are approximately $40,000.