Due to COVID-19, Roanoke County is unable to open or adequately and safely staff all of our 33 regular polling locations for the upcoming June 23rd Republican Primary Election. As a result, the June 23rd Election will take place in five SUPER-PRECINCTS located in each of the County’s five magisterial districts. This change is TEMPORARY, has been approved by the Virginia Department of Elections, and is only anticipated to be in effect for the June 23rd Election.
Registered voters who want to participate in the June 23rd Republican Primary Election must either vote absentee OR in person at their magisterial district’s TEMPORARY SUPER-PRECINCT, which are as follows:
Catawba Magisterial District: GLENVAR MIDDLE SCHOOL
4555 Malus Drive
Hollins Magisterial District: MOUNTAIN VIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
5901 Plantation Circle
Windsor Hills Magisterial District: HIDDEN VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL
4902 Hidden Valley School Road
Vinton Magisterial District: WILIAM BYRD HIGH SCHOOL
2902 Washington Avenue
Cave Spring Magisterial District: HIDDEN VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
5000 Titan Trail
Additional details about each of the TEMPORARY SUPER-PRECINCTS are listed below.
All registered voters in Roanoke County will receive a postcard informing them of their regular precinct/magisterial district assignment and their TEMPORARY SUPER-PRECINCT assignment. The Roanoke County Electoral Board urges voters to bring these cards with them to their TEMPORARY SUPER-PRECINCT on Election Day to ensure that they go to the correct polling location and simplify the check-in process. All five SUPER-PRECINCTS will be open from 6 AM to 7 PM on June 23rd.
Registered voters who do not want to vote in-person on June 23rd are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to vote absentee! There are two ways to vote absentee before Election Day:
1) VOTE ABSENTEE BY MAIL! Voters must submit a completed Virginia Absentee Ballot Application before the County Department of Elections can mail them a ballot. To submit an online request for an absentee ballot, please visit https://elections.virginia.gov/voterinformation and use “My disability or illness”/Reason Code 2A for your request. To request an absentee ballot application be mailed or emailed to you, please contact the Roanoke County Department of Elections at (540) 772-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the County Department of Elections to receive any mailed or emailed Virginia Absentee Ballot Applications is 5 PM on Tuesday, June 16th.
2) VOTE ABSENTEE IN PERSON! Absentee in-person voting is available from 8 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday via curbside service at the Roanoke County Department of Elections’ new office, which is located at 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton. Voters will receive a Virginia Absentee Ballot Application to complete and will receive a ballot to vote from the safety of their car once approved. Voters interested in curbside service should call the office at 772-7500 prior to coming and upon arrival. Elections staff will bring the necessary materials out to you in your car. The County Department of Elections will offer curbside absentee in-person voting service Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM through June 19th and on Saturday, June 20th from 8 AM to 4 PM.
Again, the Roanoke County Registrar’s office is now located at 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton. It is no longer at the Roanoke County Administration Building.
If you have any questions, please call Roanoke County’s Director of Elections, Anna Cloeter, at 772-7500 or Ken Srpan, Chairman of the Roanoke County Electoral Board, at 797-7358.
* * * * * * * *
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF
TEMPORARY SUPER-PRECINCT POLLING PLACES
FOR THE JUNE 23RD REPBULICAN PRIMRAY
CATAWBA MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT voters who regularly vote at:
• Grace Assembly of God
• Masons Cove Elementary School
• Glenvar Middle School
• Northside High School
• Glen Cove Elementary School
• Fort Lewis Baptist Church
• Mountain Pass Baptist Church
• Fort Lewis Elementary School
. . . will vote in the GLENVAR MIDDLE SCHOOL CAFETERIA @ 4555 Malus Drive on June 23rd. Voters will enter through Door 16 and should park at the High School.
HOLLINS MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT voters who regularly vote at:
• Summerdean Church of the Brethren
• Burlington Elementary School
• Mountain View Elementary School
• Life Church
• Bonsack Baptist Church
• Hollins Library
. . . will vote in the MOUNTAIN VIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GYMNASIUM @ 5901 Plantation Circle on June 23rd. Voters will enter through Door 13 and can use any available parking spots.
WINDSOR HILLS MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT voters who regularly vote at:
• Bent Mountain Fire Station
• Back Creek Elementary School
• Our Lady of Nazareth Church
• Oak Grove Elementary School
• Cave Spring Baptist Church
• The Brambleton Center – Room 16/18 (Left Side)
. . . will vote in the HIDDEN VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL CAFETERIA @ 4902 Hidden Valley School Road on June 23rd. Voters will enter through Door 1 and can use the front parking lots. Voters with accessibility concerns should follow the drive around to the back of the Middle School for additional parking and use Door 4 to enter the polling place.
VINTON MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT voters who regularly vote at:
• William Byrd Middle School
• Bonsack Elementary School
• Vinton Baptist Church
• Charles R. Hill Senior Center
• William Byrd High School
• Mount Pleasant Elementary School
. . . will vote in the WILIAM BYRD HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA @ 2902 Washington Avenue on June 23rd. Voters will enter through the Cafeteria and can use any available parking spaces.
CAVE SPRING MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT voters who regularly vote at:
• Penn Forest Elementary School
• Penn Forest Worship Center
• Church of the Holy Spirit
• Green Valley Elementary School
• Clearbrook Elementary School
• The Brambleton Center – Room 1/Gym (Right Side)
• South County Library
. . . will vote in the HIDDEN VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL AUXILIARY GYM @ 5000 Titan Trail on June 23rd. Voters will enter through the Auxiliary Gym and can use any available parking spaces.