Roanoke officials reported Saturday morning that road crews had plowed and treated 65 percent of the city’s residential streets, but said that streets that had not been plowed were still slippery and dangerous. The storm dumped 19 inches of snow Wednesday and Thursday. Friday’s sunshine and warmer temperatures aided those who were still digging out from the storm.
ROANOKE CITY NEWS RELEASE:
Roanoke, VA – The City of Roanoke reports the following progress has
been made regarding snow removal:
– 65 percent of residential streets have been plowed and treated.
Streets that have not been plowed or treated remain very treacherous.
– 100 percent of arterial streets have been plowed and treated.
– 95 percent of arterial streets are widened and down to the blacktop.
– 100 percent of the Central Business District has been plowed and
– 95 percent of the Central Business District streets are widened and
down to the blacktop.
Crews continue to work night and day to clear streets.