A Roanoke Valley auto dealer is on the move — and expanding. Southern Team Automotive Group will build a new Hyundai Sales and Service facility at Peters Creek and Williamson Roads in the Hollins area. It will be the 10th Roanoke-area expansion for the Southern Team in the last 33 years. Jill Loope is Roanoke County’s Director of Economic Development:
The facility will include fast-charging electric vehicle capabilities. Construction is set to begin this spring.
On a related note, Loope says this announcement demonstrates the importance of the region’s busiest roadways to all things automotive:
Another example, she says, is Discount Tire currently building a new sales and service facility along Electric Road where Ragazzi’s restaurant once stood.
NEWS RELEASE: ROANOKE, Va., March 8, 2022 – Southern Team Automotive Group is excited and proud to announce the opening of a brand new, state-of-the-art Hyundai Sales and Service facility in Roanoke, VA. This 30,000-plus square foot facility will be located at 7300 Williamson Road in the Hollins area in North Roanoke County with easy access from I-81. This bright and modern two-story showroom and facility expands the original plan for the Southern Team Auto Mall bringing a new buying and service experience for Hyundai owners. This all new Hyundai Facility designed with Fast Charging Electric Vehicle capabilities will be under construction in the Spring of 2022 with completion expected in the Winter of 2022.
Proposed features include:
• Hyundai’s latest “GDSI 2.0” design with a two-story open showroom that is bright and easy to browse.
• All possible Energy Saving building solutions and technology will be used in construction, including LED lighting both inside and on the display areas for the new facility.
• A modern open and easy to browse showroom complete with separate indoor delivery bays.
• Two indoor sales/service lounges with free mobile charging stations, Wi-Fi and other amenities, including complimentary Fresh Grind-and-Brew Coffee as well as the latest soft drinks with Coke’s Freestyle soft drink dispenser.
• A Hyundai boutique store selling Hyundai merchandise and accessories.
• Modern service bays with triple lane drive-in service greeting areas including an express service lane, with the service entrance right up front and easy to access.
• The new service facility will feature the latest technology as well as the capability to service Hyundai’s new Ioniq electric vehicle models along with multiple DC Fast Charging Stations.
• A modern, friendly environment to help make your car buying experience Fast, Fair, and Easy!
“Southern Team has been honored to provide the best in Hyundai Sales and Service to the Roanoke Valley and Southwest Virginia now for 33 years,” says Southern Team President and
General Manager, David Dillon. “We are excited to announce that we will bring the latest Hyundai facility design experience and the newest technology to our Hyundai owners with this new showroom.” This project represents the 10th expansion of the Southern Team Automotive Group in Western Virginia over the past 33 years. “Southern Team is a valuable Roanoke County business and an engaged corporate partner. We appreciate their continued investments and commitment to grow their footprint in Roanoke County,” said Paul Mahoney, Chair of the County Board of Supervisors.
Southern Team expects the new facility to be completed in the Winter of 2022.