Help Save the Afterprom



salem fire departmentFrom The Salem Fire & EMS Department: Officials responded to a structure fire at 1436 Gordon St. this afternoon at approximately 2:16 p.m. Two people were home at the time of the fire, but both escaped without injury. The first units arrived within seven minutes of receiving the call and found smoke coming from the building. Although the structure did sustain some fire and smoke damage, firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and contain it to the kitchen area of the house. Approximately 14 personnel from the Salem Fire & EMS Department (Engine 1, Engine 2, Engine 3, & Medic 801) responded to the call. The Salem Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was caused by unattended cooking. The damage from the fire is estimated to be less than $5,000.