The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office says a Boones Mill man shot his wife to death early Thanksgiving day, then took his own life. It happened around 1:30 am on Cascade Lane. The Sheriff’s office identifies the dead as 39-year-old Angela Cooper and 43-year-old Christopher Cooper.
(Continue reading for the full Franklin County Sheriff’s Office news rlease.)
Couple Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide in County
- Incident: Murder-Suicide
- Date of Incident: 11/28/2013 Time Reported: 1:28 AM
- Location of Incident: Cascade Lane, Boones Mill, VA
- Victim Name: Angela Cooper
- Victim Age: 39
- Suspect Name: Christopher Cooper
- Suspect Age: 43
- Charges if Applicable: None
- Additional remarks: On 11/28/2013, at 1:28 AM a female caller phoned 911 from Cascade Lane in major distress. The phone call was disconnected. On call back, the dispatcher made contact with a male identifying himself as Chris Cooper. Cooper advised that he had killed his wife and was now going to kill himself. Deputies arrived on scene approximately six minutes later and found two victims at the residence. Both victims were confirmed dead at the scene from apparent gunshot wounds. Evidence at the scene indicated that Christopher Cooper shot and killed his wife, Angela Cooper, before turning the gun on himself and taking his own life.