From the National Weather Service:
…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 PM EST SUNDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch.
* WHERE…The Greenbrier Valley of West Virginia, Virginia Highlands, Roanoke and southern Shenandoah Valleys, including the Blue Ridge Parkway from the Peaks of Otter north to Montebello.
* WHEN…From 10 PM this evening to 10 PM EST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. Prepare for power outages.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures are expected to remain below freezing.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please report snow, sleet or ice accumulations via email at email@example.com or by calling the National Weather Service toll free at…1…866…2 1 5…4 3 2 4. Leave a message with your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You can also post your report to National Weather Service BlacksburgFacebook page and on Twitter.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.