COVID-19 resources

Fire-ImageFrom Roanoke County Fire and Rescue: The Fire Marshal’s office has determined that an overloaded power strip is the cause of the fire that broke out on the morning of May 20 at Trends in the 6400 block of Williamson Road business. Roanoke County Fire & Rescue crews responded to a structure fire call at about 7 a.m. on May 20, 2014. When the first firefighters arrived, they reported heavy fire and smoke coming from the front window of the single story building. No one was in the store when the fire occurred. The building and contents sustained significant fire and smoke damage. Damage estimates have been set at $180,000 for structure and contents. Trends sells motorcycle gear.