FloydFest 2020~Vision Quest has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic. One month from now Across the Way Productions will announce a new logo and theme for FloydFest 2021, which will take place next year from July 21st through the 25th. Sam Calhoun is the Chief Operating Officer for Across the Way Productions:
(From Across the Way Productions) Now, so we can continue to survive and thrive in the future, we must cancel FloydFest 2020~Vision Quest due to the unprecedented coronavirus crisis facing our world. One month from now, we will announce the new logo, theme, art, website, and fresh artistic surprises for FloydFest 21, which will take place July 21 to 25, 2021. However, as we forge ahead, our ability to financially survive rests in the hands of all of you, our FloydFest Family. (Floydfest is offering several options for those who have purchased tickets; see the Floydfest website for more details.)
(FloydFest release) Safety, health, and wellbeing. For 19 years, we have gathered at FloydFest because we know it’s a sanctuary that fosters these attributes. Now, for one year, it’s concern for these hallmarks that will keep us apart.
After two decades, many of us don’t know an annual cycle without FloydFest. This has become the patrons’ festival — your festival — and one that doesn’t belong to a specific person, staff, or group. It belongs to all of us, and it is woven into the fabric of our lives and how we live. We are a family — a family that has survived and thrived for almost 20 years on the same mountain for one weekend each year.
Now, so we can continue to survive and thrive in the future, we must cancel FloydFest 2020~Vision Quest due to the unprecedented coronavirus crisis facing our world. One month from now, we will announce the new logo, theme, art, website, and fresh artistic surprises for FloydFest 21, which will take place July 21 to 25, 2021. However, as we forge ahead, our ability to financially survive rests in the hands of all of you, our FloydFest Family.
We are offering five options for those who have purchased tickets via Eventbrite for FloydFest 2020~Vision Quest:
- Option 1: ROLLOVER: Keep your ticket(s), and roll them over to attend FloydFest 2021 (July 21 to 25, 2021). While we know that some patrons will need a refund, we are hoping patrons will rollover their ticket(s) to 2021 for two main reasons: 1. To help us financially sustain, and 2. Due to new health and safety protocols, we may have to reduce capacity in 2021, thus rolling over ticket(s) will ensure you are in attendance for what is sure to be the most epic family reunion ever. ALSO, every patron who chooses to rollover their ticket(s) to 2021 will automatically be entered to win a free upgrade, such as a Premium Woodsy Tent Tag, Backstage Access (with free drinks!), VIP tickets, onsite parking, etc. We’ll give away one upgrade each month from June 2020 through July 2021.
- Option 2: DONATE: Donate your ticket purchase to ensure that Across-the-Way Productions & Blue Cow Arts can keep creating music, magic, and memories on our mountain for years to come.
- Option 3: TICKET CREDIT: Convert your ticket purchase to a ticket credit that can be used to attend a future FloydFest. This credit can be redeemed to attend either FloydFest 21 or FloydFest 22, and can be transferred to another person, if you wish.
- Option 4: TRANSFER: Transfer your ticket to a friend. If you would like to gift your ticket to a friend or a healthcare worker, or sell it, we can manually change the name and email on your ticket order and send the new attendee a confirmation email.
- Option 5: REFUND: Receive a refund of your ticket purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: All ticketholders must contact FloydFest between now and June 14 to confirm the option you are choosing. Failure to contact us by June 14 will result in an automatic roll forward of your tickets to 2021.
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-VA-FESTS.
As you all know, we care deeply about customer service, but we ask for patience during this time as we work through this unprecedented process. We are a small staff facing a huge crossroads. But, we are a family, and we, as a staff, are humbled by the support each of you give us and the festival. We will dance again in 2021, atop our beloved mountain above the gorge, where music and magic indelibly reign supreme. Onward. We love you.
-Team Across-the-Way Productions