COVID-19 resources




Rke Fire-EMS Logo

Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to a fire in the 1600 block of Chapman Avenue this morning around 4:45 AM. When crews arrived they found smoke coming from an outside wall. After further investigation a fire was found inside the living room wall. The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical due to old wiring. Nine people were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross. No injuries were reported. Damage estimates are approximately $25,000.