House fires increase as colder weather arrives; Red Cross busy helping victims

Fire-ImageRoanoke fire officials say this morning’s fire on Hanover Avenue was accidental, the apparent result of an overloaded electrical circuit. Two people inside got out, thanks at least in part to working smoke alarms. This is the latest in a series of recent area fires that appear connected to the arrival of colder weather, and as WFIR’s Bob Clark reports, that is keeping the Red Cross busy.

Play/Download News Clip

 

 

Share on LinkedInShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook
Test