The majority of traffic crashes occurring Sunday have involved only damage to vehicles.
As of 2 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 21), Virginia State Police have responded to.. (Map of VSP Division jurisdictions: https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Office_Locations.shtm)
Richmond Division: 44 Disabled Vehicles & 89 Traffic Crashes
Culpeper Division: 24 Disabled Vehicles & 24 Traffic Crashes
Appomattox Division: 37 Disabled Vehicles & 30 Traffic Crashes
Wytheville Division: 31 Disabled Vehicles & 13 Traffic Crashes
Chesapeake Division: 35 Disabled Vehicles & 43 Traffic Crashes
Salem Division: 42 Disabled Vehicles & 45 Traffic Crashes
Fairfax Division: 24 Disabled Vehicles & 16 Traffic Crashes
• Make sure all windows and lights are clear of snow before heading out.
• Always buckle up – driver and all passengers.
• Drive distraction free – put down the phone and coffee, and keep both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
• Slow speed for conditions.
• Use headlights to increase your visibility and to help other drivers see you better.
• Share the road responsibly with VDOT vehicles and emergency vehicles.