Help Save After Prom



RC-FireRescueUPDATE: A Roanoke County spokesperson says investigators have determined a failure of an attic electrical fan sparked the fire and caused an estimated $20,000 in damages.

From Roanoke County Fire & Rescue: September 22, 2016 (ROANOKE COUNTY)— Roanoke County Fire & Rescue crews responded to the 3000 block of Hillandale Drive at about 1:45 for a report of a structure fire. When the first firefighters arrived, they reported smoke coming from the attic of a single story brick home. It took crews from the Cave Spring, Clearbrook, and Back Creek stations about 15 minutes to knock down the flames. The fire was contained to the attic space. An older adult female and her caretaker smelled smoke and called 911. The women left the home without injury. The owner is displaced and has alternative housing. Investigators are on the scene.