Help Save After Prom



RC-FireRescueThe Roanoke County Fire & Rescue Department was called to a house fire yesterday around 7:15 p.m. in the 2200 block of East Ruritan Road. Crews had the flames under control in about 30 minutes. The fire started in the bathroom. Damage estimates are $100,000. No one was living in the home and no injuries were reported. The Roanoke County Fire Marshal ruled the fire accidental and determined someone was soldering water pipes in a bathroom when the torch inadvertently sparked the fire.