COVID-19 RESOURCES

HUMANITARIAN CRISIS - FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP AFGHANISTAN





House-FireFor the second time in a month, Roanoke Fire and EMS has been called to a house fire where there were no working smoke detectors. The most recent occurrence was early Sunday morning  in the 1400 Block of Lafayette Boulevard Northwest.  Fire officials say a smoke detector can be the first warning sign of a fire in your home, and proper placement and maintaining the smoke detector are very important. WFIR’s Starr Anderson has the story.