The Roanoke Valley SPCA urges pet owners to be on the lookout after a Roanoke woman’s dog ate what looked like rat poison left in Highland Park. The woman asked not to be identified but she did report the incident. An SPCA spokesperson says it doesn’t happen often, but some people will leave poisons in parks on purpose, and dogs will sometimes mistake rat poison for treats. An animal control officer canvassed the area near the Highland Dog Park but did not find any rat poison pellets. The woman took her dog to the emergency vet and the animal got the help it needed.