Two rescued from burning Roanoke County apartment

Fire-ImageRoanoke County Fire and Rescue crews pulled two men from a burning apartment last night in the Cave Spring area. The call came in just after 10:00 pm to the 4300 block of Garst Mill Road. The victims required hospital treatment for smoke inhalation. Investigators say food left unattended on a stove sparked the fire.

(Continue reading for the full Roanoke County Fire and Rescue news release.)

Two Rescued from Apartment Fire in Roanoke County

ROANOKE COUNTY, VA (September 2, 2013) – At just after 10 p.m. yesterday, Roanoke County Fire & Rescue crews were dispatched to the 4300 block of Garst Mill Road for a reported structure fire.
Volunteer and career personnel from the Cave Spring, Back Creek and Clearbrook stations responded and found flames and smoke showing through a window of an apartment. Responding crews were told by neighbors that subjects may still be inside the apartment with the fire. The two-man crew assigned to the medic truck arrived first on scene and had to break open the door to rescue two subjects inside. A Roanoke County Police Officer also assisted with the rescue. The fire was then quickly extinguished on top of the stove.
Fire investigators determined that food left unattended on the stove sparked the fire causing fire damage to the stove and the above cabinets. The fire was contained to the stove top area.
Two adult males were transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation that was reported to be critical but not life-threatening. The two volunteer personnel who performed the rescue were also transported

Share on LinkedInShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook
Test