Salem Commons fire cause determined

Salem Fire

Salem Commons Fire
(Roanoke Fire-EMS
Facebook/Twitter photo)

(Salem) The Salem Fire Marshal has ruled that the recent fire at the Salem Commons complex was accidental – caused by improperly discarded smoking materials. The February 14th fire damaged 20 apartments, displacing more than 40 residents. Salem Fire-EMS was assisted by Roanoke City and Roanoke County crews in putting out the fire, which took about an hour to extinguish. There was heavy fire damage through the third floor at Salem Commons and water damage throughout the entire building.

Share on LinkedInShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook
Test